The Virtual NWI Alumni Conference
Time & Location
About the Event
Ever since our last alumni event six years ago, people have been asking us for another one—something cost-effective yet in-depth, a chance to connect with other NWI alumni. It’s been a long time coming, but here it is! We’ll meet together, learn together, and inspire each other—with some special guests and surprises thrown in along the way.
Two of our speakers are actually alumni themselves. Tessa Shaffer works as a literary agent and Vincent B. Davis is a bestselling author and marketing specialist.
- Steven James has been teaching fiction writing for nearly twenty years. HIs 17 novels and 2 books on the craft of writing have received dozens of honors and awards.
- Robert Dugoni is a New York Times bestselling author who has been teaching writing concepts for the past decade. He has a passion for passing on insights with the next generation of writers.
- Pam Johnson is an experienced editor who has worked with numerous bestselling authors over the last twelve years. She specializes in helping authors retain their voice as they improve their manuscripts.
- Tessa Shaffer is an author turned literary agent who is familiar with both sides of the query trenches and will share her top pieces of advice on everything from what mistakes to avoid in your query letter to the critical steps not to skip after you hit "send".
- Vincent B. Davis II is an author, entrepreneur, and soldier who has served in the United States Army since 2014. He's the author of five books, three of which have become international bestsellers, and works as a freelance marketing specialist.
Schedule (all times are in Eastern)*:
- 6:45 PM-7:00 PM - Login and tech check
- 7:00 PM-7:10 PM - Orientation
- 7:10 PM-8:00 PM - "How to Write Yourself out of a Corner: Creative Keys to Solving Plot Problems" by Steven James
- 8:00 PM-8:10 PM - Break
- 8:10 PM-9:00 PM - "Common Writing Issues and Easy Fixes: An Editor's Perspective" by Pam Johnson
- 9:00 PM-9:15 PM - Goodbyes until tomorrow!
- 10:45 AM-11:00 AM - Login and tech check
- 11:00 AM-11:50 AM - "20 Tips for Surviving the Query Trenches" by Tessa Shaffer
- 11:50 AM-12:00 PM - Break
- 12:00 PM-12:50 PM - "Amazon Bootcamp" by Vincent B. Davis II
- 1:00 PM-2:00 PM - Lunch break
- 2:00 PM-2:50 PM - "Topic TBD" by Bob Dugoni
- 2:50 PM-3:00 PM - Break
- 3:00 PM-3:50 PM - "The Subtleties of Voice and Point of View" by Steven James
- 3:50 PM-4:00 PM - Break
- 4:00 PM-4:50 PM - Special guest speakers
- 4:50 PM-5:00 PM - Break
- 5:00 PM-5:50 PM - Q&A with speakers
- 5:50 PM-6:00 PM - Break
- 6:00 PM-7:00 PM - Closing keynote
- 7:00 PM-7:15 PM - Goodbyes!
*Times and speakers are subject to change.
- $199 (Standard ticket)
- $229 (Premium ticket, which includes a 5-page agent critique and consultation)
Just select the quantity of tickets you would like and then check out. We hope to see you there!
(If you have any questions, email Pam Johnson at email@example.com.)
- Standard Admission$199+$4.98 Service fee$199+$4.98 Service fee0$0
- Premium Admission$229+$5.73 Service fee$229+$5.73 Service fee0$0